LSG Texas High School Football Coaches Show
Chris Doelle sits down with Coach Don Clayton in the newest episode of this groundbreaking series on Lone Star Gridiron. In the show, we celebrate the coaches that have made a difference in the lives of people around them.
Listen in as we discuss:
- How Coach Clayton got the coaching bug
- Schools that played a role in his career: Nederland, University of Wyoming, Beaumont French, A&M Consolidated, Katy, Katy Cinco Ranch, Livingston,
- The importance of being an educator
- His education on loyalty
- The coaches that influenced/impacted him along the way
- The education of being a head football coach and athletic director
- The ups and downs of starting a program from the ground up
- How a community is more important than a town
- The importance of building a program to last and doing right by the kids
- A touching story of Coach Clayton's education on how to treat kids and understand they are all different
- How football and sports contributes to giving kids something positive
- You don't treat kids equally - but you do treat them fairly
- The importance of managing people and the struggle of balancing coaching spots with teaching positions
- Letting your coaches coach - not micro-managing but being a resource for them
- Issues with kids today and the direction of our country
- and much more!
COACHES: we want to hear your story as well. If you are a current or former Texas high school football head coach, contact us and we will set up a time for your interview!
The LSG Texas High School Football Coaches Show series is brought to you by the upcoming book, "All I Need to Know I Learned From My Texas High School Football Coach: A handbook of wisdom for parents, young people and yes, even coaches" by Ken Purcell and Chris Doelle.
Call the fan feedback line 713-568-6361 and let us hear what you have to say!
produced by Lone Star Gridiron http://www.lonestargridiron.com